


I had a major victory yesterday. For Halloween the roomies and I went to their homes in Layton. I wanted to contribute gas-wise, since I've been there many times, so I offered to drive. I don't know what I was thinking. I haven't driven on a freeway in probably a year or more. I always drive on the feeder at home. I've just been terrified of driving. There were a couple of moments where I really just wanted to switch seats with one of my roommates, but I did it! I drove all the way there and all the way back! That's definitely the longest that I've ever driven on the freeway for...actually, that's the longest I've driven, period. So, we had chilighetti for dinner (really good, by the way), and then we carved pumpkins that were grown in Emily's garden. As I was tired of always carving the classic pumpkin face, I decided to try something new. I got a little ambitious and decided to carve a globe. Some of the continents looked right, and others, well...let's just say that I ran out of room. By the way, did you know that Africa is now on the other side of the U.S.? Apparently the move was a unanimous vote.
Anyway, we watched the Thriller music video and gave out some candy. It was fun, and really cold. I can't believe that I don't have any pictures of this, but Amber is teaching a lesson in her elementary school about the pioneers. I knew we would be bringing a few things home in the trunk, but her dad just kept bringing out the pioneer paraphernalia. The best part was that the "garden cultivator" (essentially an old plow) was placed in the front with us. The plow part sat in between Emily and I in the front, and the handles separated Michelle and Amber in the back. It was a joint effort between Emily and I to adjust the plow every time I had to put the car in reverse. It was really quite special. Not the most comfortable thing to bump into, but otherwise a nice, quiet passenger.

2 comments:
Janae! I'm so excited you have a blog! Woo hoo! (This is Allison by the way). I hope you're having lots of fun! It looks like it! Miss you girl!
The geographer in me is pulling my hair out when I hear you say that Africa has moved to the other side of the U.S. It's o.k., a great majority of the U.S. is completely geographically illiterate. You're not alone.
Post a Comment