
Before Christmas and during finals, I got to go visit my friend Cherice. Her family makes handcrafted chocolates that they sell in a shop in Sandy, and she let me come help out in the store. When you walk in, it's kind of like walking back through time a few decades. They don't use modern equipment--they pretty much continue doing things the way they've been done for the past 4 generations or so. I guess they've upgraded to a cash register, but they still use a little heated iron to shrink wrap the boxes, etc. They keep the store very cold so that the chocolates don't melt. It was a pretty cold winter experience!





I took some chocolate home to the family for Christmas, and it was a hit! Each chocolate is hand-dipped and has its own special symbol drizzled over it in chocolate. The chocolate caramel pretzels and pecan logs are divine as well. Cherice insisted that their chocolates are better than See's, and I agree!
In the pictures above you can see the giant vat that the chocolate stays in until someone is ready to use it. The messy chocolate picture is one where Cherice is hand-dipping mint Oreos! Yum!! I had a fun time sorting orders and choosing my own chocolates to take home.
Thanks, Cherice! :)

4 comments:
Oh yum! Do you know we just got a new neighbor who is a chocolatier and has her own little factory and a couple of stores down in Houston? We are destined to become dear friends, I can feel it...
Janae!!!! I was looking forward to seeing what you had to say about being stressed and the desserts you were eating in compinsation. I was utterly surprised to see these photos on your page... so much fun! Thanks again for making time to come see me during your busy finals week. I do love you! You are a wonderful friend and I am glad to have you in my life! Thanks for the small tribute :) even if it wasn't mean to be one!
Janae! That chocolate looks AMAZING and now I really want some! I'm so happy to have found your blog, now we can be blog friends too!
Savannah
Mom--are you talking about the people who moved into the Martin's house? I didn't know anybody had yet...
Post a Comment