Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Day I Became a Bass

It amazes me what the common cold can do to a person. After spending a little too much time in the snow before going home for Christmas, I developed a cold which consequently qualified me for the bass section of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. No audition necessary.

One night whilst I had this cold, I walked over to the piano, played a pitch, and gradually kept lowering my pitch a half-step until I had reached an ivory territory that probably no woman has ever before encountered. Randy will argue it, but for at least a half a second I was able to sing a low, low A flat. That's TWO A flats below middle C, which is not normal for people with two X chromosomes. Nor does it feel good on the vocal chords.

So look for me among the black suits and matching ties next time you see the MoTab. I'll be the only one with long, blond hair.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it as lovely as your normal alto voice?!