


The girl on the top is Briana Whiting. We visit taught together here at Victoria Place last year, and through that we became really good friends. She's on a mission in Colorado Springs.
Under that is a picture of me and Brittany and Brianna Hulme. We've been friends for as long as I can remember, and it's been the hardest for me to say goodbye to them. Brittany is supposed to be going to Bolivia and Brianna is headed to Thailand. I'm sure their mom is a little nervous about them living in third world countries. Personally, I would be more worried about them going to California. The people there are a little bit scarier these days. (p.s. If you're from Cali, I still love you!) :)Anyway, I've never had to be away from these two girls for longer than about 6 or 7 weeks. Only 69 1/2 weeks until we reunite. I can do this. I will miss singing with them for that period of time...and watching movies til late at night. There go my babies--off doing their missionary thing. (They are actually still in the MTC.)
The bottom picture is my friend Rachel Lovell (in green). She's going to Florida. All of us in this picture lived and worked in Seattle together this past summer. We're proud of her!! :) And we're especially glad that she doesn't have Tuberculosis. I have a video of my butterflies hatching, and in the background you can hear Rachel expressing her concern that she might have Tuberculosis and that she would therefore not be able to serve a mission. Luckily, the TB scare turned out to be negative in the end. ;)
I have a lot of friends on missions, but the part that amazes me is that most of my childhood is on or is about to be on a mission. Ashley's in Taiwan and Jessie's headed to the Philippines. Becky's waiting for her call. Luckily, I will gain my (Stephanie) Yano back here in a few weeks. She's almost done serving in D.C.!!
I'm so proud of all of my girls, and part of me wishes I could go, too. I guess I could, but right now I'm thinking that I want to focus on becoming an elementary school teacher. Maybe I'll feel differently someday, but until that day, I will keep saying my goodbyes and waiting patiently for my dear ones to come back to me.

1 comment:
What a sweet post, Janae. You do have such good friends. I'm proud of you for doing what you think is best, too. No rush, no pressure. If it's right, it's right and it will come and you are so wise to just take it as it comes.
Post a Comment