Sunday, November 2, 2008

"This is Halloween..."

Welcome back to my blog! Or maybe you should be welcoming me back...I'm not quite sure. I thought it would be most appropriate to get this blog started with this year's Halloween's pictures (since that's practically where I started last year). Me, Amber, Emily, and Kyle dressed up as characters from Peter Pan. Emily and Kyle made their costumes. Amber used some old costume parts, and she made a very successful trip to the DI, where she found the red coat you see her wearing. I didn't have much time to prepare, but everyone thought it would be a great idea for me to be the crocodile. It was that...or Tink...or Smee. For some reason, I really liked the idea of being the crocodile. Amber found me a foam hat. I was later disappointed to find out that I had been a fraud ALL Halloween night--yes, it was actually an alligator hat.
Anyway, here are some pictures of our Halloween spectacle:











Yes, we went trick-or-treating, and we were surprisingly well-received. I thought people would be angry with us for trick-or-treating in college, but they liked us. Maybe it's because we actually put in some effort, as opposed to some punk teenager who goes door-to-door in a t-shirt and jeans looking for candy. Anyway, the weather was perfect! Couldn't have asked for better. One man that we went to (from Emily and Kyle's ward) has made homemade donuts for the past 30 Halloweens. We got to dip them in powdered sugar--a very unique Halloween experience. We then sorted our candy and played a Halloween board game that has a creepy video that goes with it. Amber and I topped the night off by a visit to the creamery, where she treated me to a peanut butter brownie (special ones for Halloween). Our friends Kyle and Bianca also came to visit us. Oh, and of course, at the very end of the night I had to turn in a math journal online...school finds ways of creeping into my life at times when it shouldn't. Besides that, though, it was a rather enjoyable night!

Oh, and p.s. I participated in democracy on Halloween also by dropping my absentee ballot off at a mailbox. Woohoo!

p.p.s. Never put off your car registration until the last day possible--there is an unwritten law that says that if you wait until the last day, something will go wrong. Who knew that the registration/decal-distributor place would be closed on Fridays? Random.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back! And I'm glad you stuck to the time-honored tradition of sorting your candy. You didn't even have to worry about parents sneaking out the good stuff. Imagine that!

Mom

Whitney said...

Yippee! Glad to see you back Janae. Looks like a fun Halloween.

Braden Bell said...

Welcome back, Janae. Halloween looks so fun! Kyle looks exactly like a guy who was there when I was--so either he's taken a really long time to graduate or he has a younger brother....