Monday, October 18, 2010

Bugs and Skunks


(Thanks to Google Images for the pictures.) :)
Before I forget, I need to write something short about the insane amount of bugs that Tennessee seems to have. Sheesh! At first I thought, 'When God created animals and creatures, He must have had a whole bunch left over, and I'm pretty sure He dumped them all here in Tennessee'. Then I realized that didn't account for Noah and the flood. However it happened, we have an extraordinary amount of bugs. Grasshoppers and crickets, big blue caterpillar-looking things, ants--you name it.

When we went to Philmont in high school, Liz Childs and I performed "bug checks" in our tent at night because she was really frightened of them. Liz, I don't think TN's the place for you, unless of course you've decided to become an entomologist. Don't get me wrong-there are a ton of great things about this place, but why all the bugs?

The other unpleasantry: skunks. I smell at least a few a week. I've never smelled so much skunk spray in my life.

This bug/skunk situation may not sound very appealing to you....but in spite of it all, I still think Nashville is Zion. :)

2 comments:

Meg said...

YUCK! Forget it, I'm never coming to visit you. You'll just have to come here instead. :)

Kara M. said...

haha There are a few skunks here in washington. It seems as though there is always a dead one somewhere on my drive to work most days. But bugs, we don't seem to have tons of. However, we do have WAY to many SPIDERS!!! AHHH